Launched in 2013, the Community Homeless Assistance Team (CHAT) is dedicated to performing comprehensive outreach to individuals at-risk of, or experiencing homelessness downtown. CHAT Outreach Workers pursue a unique preventative outreach approach that will address the dynamic barriers and complexities faced by the homeless population in order to link those in need to individually and culturally relevant service. CHAT Outreach Workers will thus facilitate individual transition from homelessness to enhanced stability – inclusive of housing, employment and educational support, as required. CHAT Outreach Workers can be identified on the street by their name badges, and will work in collaboration with other agencies in order to ensure a meaningful approach is employed that complements all service provider efforts in supporting this vulnerable population.
We are currently looking for Level I Outreach Workers who meet the following requirements:
- Social Sciences degree with minimum two years’ related experience working with vulnerable populations and/or combination of experience will be considered
- Related Outreach and/or community experience dealing with homelessness and severe and persistent mood disorders, including co-occurring substance use problems (Combination of inpatient and community experience will be considered).
- Demonstrated experience with independent decision-making and appropriate consultation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and advanced level expertise in clinical assessment, crisis intervention, brief treatment, service coordination and consultation.
- Able to use problem resolution skills to handle sensitive and complex issues related to multiple service involvement.
- Demonstrated experience support for the client centered approach in program development.
- Strong knowledge of social services organizations and community support that provide culturally sensitive supports to individuals
- Effective networking and agency-relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member; working collaboratively across sectors as an active participant in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computerized systems in Windows environment including email, word processing, email and databases
- Knowledge and understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery.
- Knowledge of and experience providing support to diverse cultures
- Knowledge of health and social issues faced by high-risk singles
- Current CPR and Mental Health First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and ASIST training
- Physically able to perform duties required
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, and Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
If this sounds like a role you are interested in and have the qualifications required, please forward your resume and cover letter as one PDF document by September15, 2017 via email to email@example.com with Level 1 Outreach Worker 1 in the subject line.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.