Job Title: CHAT Level I Outreach Worker
The Community Homeless Assistance Team (CHAT) is dedicated to performing comprehensive outreach to individuals at-risk of, or experiencing homelessness downtown. CHAT Outreach Workers pursue a unique preventative outreach approach that will address the dynamic barriers and complexities faced by the homeless population in order to link those in need to individually and culturally relevant service.
CHAT Outreach Workers will facilitate individual transition from homelessness to enhanced stability – inclusive of housing, employment and educational support, as required. CHAT Outreach Workers will work in collaboration with other agencies in order to ensure a meaningful approach is employed that complements all service provider efforts in supporting this vulnerable population.
- Minimum two years’ related experience working with vulnerable populations in a community or outreach oriented capacity
- Post-secondary education in a related field is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with independent decision-making and complex problem solving
- Comprehensive knowledge in clinical assessment, crisis intervention, brief treatment, service coordination and consultation.
- Demonstrated experience support for the client centered approach in program development.
- Strong knowledge of local social services organizations and effective networking and agency-relations skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computerized systems in Windows environment including email, word processing, email and databases
- Current CPR and Mental Health First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and ASIST training is considered an asset
- Ability to walk multiple kilometers a day, including outdoors
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and a Child Abuse Registry Check, to be produced prior to commencing employment.
Application deadline is Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Those who qualify and are interested in a staff position with CHAT are asked to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.