JOIN THE DOWNTOWN BIZ TEAM!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is looking for a positive and professional team player to join our team in our fast-paced dynamic office!
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30 pm, including a one-hour unpaid lunch break. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required to assist at events or meet deadlines.
Position Summary: To provide full executive administrative support to the CEO and office administration handling the organizational running of the day-to-day office requirements.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the CEO. Provides supervision, delegation and direction to Receptionist.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Administration Support – 75%
- Provide full administrative support to the CEO with an emphasis on complex calendar management, arrange and maintain CEO’s schedule and make appointments/reservations as requested.
- Research, compile data and prepare information for consideration/use by the CEO.
- Complete administrative documents for CEO as needed.
- Arrange air travel, accommodations, itineraries, etc. for the CEO as well as staff, management and board members as needed
- Remind staff to meet deadlines for applicable duties (meetings, reports, proposals, etc.)
- Write, proofread, edit and format documents including charts, letters, reports and statistical information for the office and specific job related needs.
- Provide support for meetings (including board meetings) as needed (i.e. scheduling rooms, coordinating food, logistics)
- Coordinate tracking of expenses and invoices, working collaboratively with the Director of Finance
- Board and Committee related support
- Create and update annual meeting schedule and contact lists of Management Board, and BIZ Committees.
- Liaise with Management Board and BIZ members on behalf of the CEO. Secretary for Management Board and Executive Committee
- Prepare and distribute minutes, reminders, agendas, and other material for Management Board, Executive Committee, and other meetings, ensuring all documents are properly stored for legal purposes.
- Ensure both the office and electronic copies of the board manuals are updated each January.
- Compile manuals for new Management Board members.
- Maintain and update the board webpage
General Administration Support – 20%
- Provides supervision to receptionist
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff as time permits.
- Prepare letters, envelopes, etc. for mail outs utilizing databases and mail merges
- Coordination of data entry and maintenance of the organization’s CMR database (GoldMine), ensuring a high level of accuracy with the Host Ambassadors
- Lead support/coordinator in bulk mailing processes
- Act as primary contact with the IT service provider, arranging for service and coordinating IT related training
- Arrange for and/or train staff on office equipment, computer applications and procedures as needed.
- Review, evaluate and implement new office procedures to increase production, consistency and professionalism.
Reception Relief – 5%
- Provide reception relief during Front Receptionists vacation, sick leave, lunch hours, etc
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward message to the appropriate staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Ensure the office is kept in an orderly and clean fashion
- Maintain knowledge of BIZ programs and services and ability to direct enquiries directly to the appropriate staff
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and collaborative team spirit.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter with “Executive Assistant/Office Administrator” in the subject line by November 17, 2017 to:
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.