The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the administration and development of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ volunteer program. This position is responsible for the recruitment, training, and coordination for all Safety and Outreach volunteers.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the organization
- Recruitment and selection of volunteers for Downtown BIZ safety programs
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful in their positions
- Utilize and maintain a volunteer database for scheduling, record keeping, and statistical reports
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements and new volunteer roles as necessary
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment
- Develop and implement new volunteer roles within the organization
- Minimum two years post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in social sciences, human resources, community development, or adult education is an asset
- Minimum one year of prior related work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including group presentation, facilitation skills, team building and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Must be able to plan, prioritize, and coordinate work and resources with a high degree of independence
For more information on the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ or this opportunity visit us at
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to email@example.com
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.